A Help for Using the Psalms in Personal and Family Worship
The object of this Help is to encourage the use of the Psalms in personal and family worship.
We believe the Psalms should be sung by Christians. This book is an encouragement and a resource to enable that.
- It gives short thought-provoking devotional and expository notes on all the Psalms.
- It enables the use of the whole book of Psalms for worship on a yearly basis.
- It encourages readers to rediscover the singing of the Psalms in worship.
- It signposts other resources that can be used.
- It has 11 helpful appendices.and is a substantial book of 445 pages.
- The appendices answer the questions ‘Who should sing Psalms?’; ‘Why should we sing the Psalms?’; ‘When should we sing the Psalms?’; ‘Where should we sing the Psalms?’; ‘How should we sing the Psalms?’; ‘What about the Psalms that seem to wish bad things on the enemies of Israel?
- The 'Help' has ‘Thinking Points’ for each daily portion that can be used to help participation in family worship, or to give individuals further things to consider.
The 'Help' can be used with existing Psalm books with which readers may be familiar. However Pearl Publications has also produced a new translation of the Psalms in verse. 'Every Psalm for Easy Singing' matches the 365 portions of the daily notes and seeks to translate close to the original Hebrew.
We believe family worship is an essential element of local Church gathering. Well established family worship under the guidance of Church leadership is the best bulwark against the encroachment of the State in times of crisis. It is our prayer that the 'Help' and may assist to that end.
We Also Recommend
Interpretation for Preaching and Teaching