“I once was blind, but now I see” is the glad confession of the Christian’s heart. However, what is it that a Christian now sees that so transforms his life? It is the Christian worldview. This is not an abstract philosophy so much as biblical doctrine for life. The Word of God establishes God-centered thinking, engages faithful living, and energizes ardent feeling for the kingdom of Christ in this world and the world to come. In this volume, several pastors and theologians band together to explore aspects of the Christian worldview such as God’s Trinity, supremacy, and loving sovereignty over all of life; the Christian’s identity in Christ, sexuality, and sufferings; and the Christian life as both earthly mission and heavenly pilgrimage.
Contributors include Derek Thomas, Michael Barrett, Joel Beeke, Paul Smalley, Mark Kelderman, Brian Cosby, Charles Barrett, and Gerald Bilkes.
Part I: Foundational Truths for the Christian’s Mind
1. The Christian Worldview of the Trinity (Derek W. H. Thomas)
2. Under the Sun to Beyond the Sun: The Old Testament’s Worldview (Michael Barrett)
3. The Worldview of the Puritans (Joel R. Beeke and Paul M. Smalley)
Part II: Formative Truths for the Christian’s Life
4. The Christian Worldview for Daily Life (Derek W. H. Thomas)
5. The Christian Worldview of Sexuality (Mark Kelderman)
6. A Christian Worldview of Suffering (Brian Cosby)
Part III: Flaming Truths for the Christian’s Zeal
7. Joyful Exiles: A Worldview for Pilgrims (Charles M. Barrett)
8. Conforming Our Worldview to the Great Commission (Gerald Bilkes)
9. Looking unto Jesus in This World to Follow Him into the Next (Charles M. Barrett)
Joel R. Beeke is president and professor of systematic theology and homiletics at Puritan Reformed Theological Seminary in Grand Rapids, Michigan. He also serves as a pastor of the Heritage Reformed Congregation in Grand Rapids, and as editorial director of Reformation Heritage Books.