Complete in Him
Nothing is more basic to spiritual life and growth than understanding and enjoying the fundamental truths of the gospel of saving grace that center directly and uniquely in Jesus Christ. This book is a back-to-basics approach to Christian living. For Christians, everything—both their eternal destiny and their earthly journey—depends on what they think of Christ. The Bible defines from different perspectives what it means to be saved so that we can put it all together to see how great salvation we really have. Complete in Him examines essential and inseparable elements of the gospel in order to show that all of salvation relates to and flows from the Savior, Jesus Christ. Christ is everything. Salvation in Christ is complete, and we are complete in Him.
Table of Contents:
- Condemnation: The Need of the Gospel
- Christ: The Essence of the Gospel
- Conversion: The Response to the Gospel
- Regeneration: New Life in the Gospel
- Union with Christ: The Security of the Gospel
- Justification: The Legality of the Gospel
- Reconciliation: The Peace of the Gospel
- Adoption: The Privileges in the Gospel
- Sanctification: The Effect of the Gospel
- Glorification: The End of the Gospel
- Assurance: The Enjoyment of the Gospel
Michael P. V. Barrett is vice president for academic affairs/academic dean and professor of Old Testament at Puritan Reformed Theological Seminary in Grand Rapids, Michigan.