God and the Transgender Debate (New Edition)
In the West, more and more Christians are coming across the topic of gender identity in their everyday lives. Legislative changes are impacting more and more areas of life, including education, employment and state funding, with consequences for religious liberty, free speech and freedom of conscience that affect everyone. So it’s a crucial moment to consider how to engage lovingly, thoughtfully and biblically with one of the most explosive cultural discussions of our day.
This warm, faithful and compassionate book that helps Christians understand what the Bible says about gender identity has been updated and expanded throughout, and now includes a section on pronoun usage and a new chapter challenging some of the claims of the transgender activist movement.
Andrew T. Walker also answers questions such as: What is transgender and gender fluidity? How should churches respond? What does God's word actually say about these issues?
Here's a summary of the main changes to the second edition:
- A section added to chapter 5, “Should we expect non-Christians to agree with us?”
- A section in chapter 6 looking at gender dysphoria
- A new chapter 13, “Challenging the Transgender Movement”
- More detail on what the creation account shows us about being male and female
- Guidance on thinking through the usage of pronouns