Ten Indictments Against the Modern Church
The modern church is in need of revival. But as author Paul Washer contends, “We cannot simply do what is right in our own eyes and then expect the Holy Spirit to come down and bless our labors.” Truth be told, the devil has little need to oppose the church’s prayer for revival unless God’s people are seeking to live lives and order congregations according to God’s Word. This book examines ten areas where churches have neglected clear biblical direction and need to prayerfully seek reformation.
Paul Washer ministered as a missionary in Peru for ten years, during which time he founded the HeartCry Missionary Society to support Peruvian church planters. Paul now serves as one of the laborers with the HeartCry Missionary Society (www.heartcrymissionary.com). He and his wife Charo have four children: Ian, Evan, Rowan, and Bronwyn.
The Author’s Prayer
1. A Denial of the Sufficiency of Scripture
2. An Ignorance of God
3. A Failure to Address Man’s Malady
4. An Ignorance of the Gospel of Jesus Christ
5. An Unbiblical Gospel Invitation
6. An Ignorance Regarding the Nature of the Church
7. A Lack of Compassionate Church Discipline
8. A Silence on Separation
9. A Replacement of the Scriptures Regarding the Family
10. Pastors Malnourished in the Word of God